Overcoming the Lies of the Ego Through Extraordinary Thinking
Flying Lesson #1 - Jan. 9, 2020
Lee Travathan
Lets face it. The ego gets a bad rap. I get that. Especially in our world today, it causes all kinds of mayhem. We can all see that just about anywhere we choose to look from our own families to the evening news. Our society seems to be coming apart at the seams all over the globe. I'm sure any one of us could come up with a million reason for this mess. But for me, there is one basic reason that explains most of what we see. Yes, it is that pesky little ego and it's false need for power. That mixed with the ordinary thinking of our day that we are all spoon fed from birth can easily create a toxic situation, and therefor, a toxic society. And I believe this can be changed with a little effort and re-thinking of the things we've been taught are real and true.
For most of my adult life I have been developing and teaching an approach to common belief systems that I call Extraordinary Thinking. It is simple to understand and easy to learn. And it goes against most of what we have been taught. That is a good thing. To those who learn and use this simple process, it is sometimes a life saver in extreme cases and a raft that leads to the far shore for others seeking self empowerment. I am the first to admit that it is not for everyone as some are not willing to let go of old habits… but I certainly think it should be taught all over the world as an alternative to ordinary thinking. So, I teach it to those ready to change. Ready to find more peace and joy in their lives.
As we rolled into 2020 I started to think of my own journey in this field of Extraordinary Thinking. I began to develop it in my early 20s and at 65, it has served me well. So many have benefited from learning how to use this in their own lives through my books, workshops, classes, and private counsel.
My journey began early. Even as a small child, I questioned the "norms" of the day. It seemed to me that people around me were not really "present" and it clearly confused me. It was as if they had put themselves in self-imposed prison cells and thrown away the key. I could not figure that out. It was not till I was about 12 that it all started to make sense to me. This was about how people thought... and particularly about how they viewed themselves in the big picture of life. And I knew the plan was flawed. Deeply flawed. By the age of 13 I had started picking it all apart to find not only answers but alternative plans to what is now commonly called stinkin' thinkin'. For me, Extraordinary Thinking was born.
So, what is the difference between Extraordinary Thinking and ordinary thinking, you might wonder. One is outfocused and one is infocused. One is heart based and one is ego based. One creates wellness of spirit, a sense of wholeness, and bridges in relationships of all kinds and one creates illness of spirit, separation from self, and walls in relationships of all kinds, even that with yourself. I bet you can figure out which is which. Yes, ordinary thinking is the one the ego loves. Ordinary thinking is the ego's own personal destroucto derby.
Now, the ego is not all bad... it is just not well trained to understand the world outside of itself so it makes a lot of mistakes. The biggest mistake of all is that it gets you to think that you are very, sadly, and clearly ordinary. Just like everyone else. It has miss-taken you to be less than what you are. But that is not the truth. You are so much more than the ego can imagine. It's view of you is only real when an outfocused perspective is applied to daily life. Infocusing is the thing that brings you back into ownership of your true self. And I can teach you how to do that. This will help you take back your personal power.
It that interests you, subscribe to this new blog page. I'll keep you up to date here on new Flying Lessons for 2020 and beyond and programs that you can do to learn Extraordinary Thinking to use in your own life.
Ordinary thinking is the mental morass we humans have been conditioned to live in. It is uncomfortable and deep down we all feel that. We know something is missing. We quietly and desperately seek answers. But rarely find them. Extraordinary Thinking is the bridge that transcends the morass of the ego's fearful lies.
Lee Travathan is the author of several books on Extraordinary Thinking. She is a certified counseling practitioner, certified art therapy coach, and has been a mentor and coach to creative people across the world for over 30 years specializing in Extraordinary Thinking.

No comments:
Post a Comment